Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Why choose Simply Stylish?
A1: Dogs are innately clean animals - most of them actually enjoy being groomed. However, some can become anxious and nervous, especially in an unfamiliar environment with lots of noise. With our calm and gentle approach to grooming, we will endeavour to make your pet feel comfortable and less anxious.
Q2: How long will it take for my dogs to be groomed?
A2: Your pets' wellbeing and care is our first priority. We will never push an pet beyond what he/she is comfortable with.
Grooming time also depends on the size, the coat and fur condition, as well as the dogs emotional and behavioural status. Usually it takes at least 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours to complete a full groom session.
Q3: When do my dog needs be groomed?
A3: People who care about their dog's skin and fur condition should take their dog for professional grooming at least every 2 weeks to 6 weeks, even in winter. Leaving the dog's winter coat un-groomed for the whole season is like humans wearing a wet thick jacket that is stuck on the skin - very, very uncomfortable!
Q4: Dog Grooming - Why Do We Even Need It?
A4: Regular grooming helps dogs to maintain healthier skin and coat condition. It is important that dogs are groomed regularly between 2-6 weeks even in winter, as dogs will accumulate thick and matted coats regardless of the season. Wearing their thick matted humid coat is very bad for their own health. If grooming is done properly, it can also enhance the relationship between you and your pet.
Q5: Do you do dogs pick up?
A5:No, we are a store based salon and ask that you bring your pets to us. Your pet will feel more secure and safer because this is the place that their carer brought them to. The secure feeling cannot be replaced. Furthermore, the best part is that the carers can communicate with our professional groomers. To our groomers, the more we know about your pet/s, the better we can groom.
Why does it cost more to groom my pet than me going to a hairdresser?
1. Your hairdresser doesn't give you a bath.
2. Your hairdresser doesn't give you a manicure and pedicure.
3. You don't try to bite your hairdresser
4. You don't wiggle, spin or try to jump out of the hairdresser' s chair.
5. Your hairdresser only cuts the top of your head, not your whole body
6. You don't try to hump the hairdresser
7. Your hairdresser doesn't wipe boogies from your eyes
8. Your hairdresser doesn't squeeze your anal glands
9. You don't poop or pee while you are getting your hair cut
10. Your hairdresser does not remove fleas or ticks
11. You don't go 6 weeks (or more) without brushing or washing your hair
12. You don't try to bite the clippers. scissors, brush, nail clippers or dryer
13. It doesn't take 3 people to trim your nails
14. Your hairdresser doesn't have to de-matt your hair
15. Your hairdresser would never wash your butt
16. Your hair dresser doesn't give you a "sanitary trim"
17. Drying your hair doesn't blow hair all around that gets on everything
18. You don't howl or bark while having all this done!
19. Your hairdresser doesn't give you treats
20. You don't scratch your hairdresser after a nail cut